- Akuri Masala Ingredients
- 3 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes grated
- 1 teaspoon MTR sambhar powder
- 1 green chilly deseeded and finely chopped (if you like spicy don’t deseed and increase the number of chillies)
- Lili lasoon (if in winter season)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 table spoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 small bunch coriander chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Grill Sandwich Ingredients
- 1 packet sliced white bread (if you are health conscious can even use brown bread or whole grain bread)
- 10 oz mozzarella cut into small cubes
- 4 oz shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese
- Akuri Masala for stuffing
- Normal salted butter mixed with a bit of grated garlic (for people who don't eat garlic can just use plain normal salted butter without adding garlic to it)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (for brushing on tops optional)
Akuri Masala Method
Sauté onions till brown on medium flame setting.
Add green chilly and lili lasoon on medium flame setting and fry some more.
Add half of 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Add all ingredients and fry on lowest flame setting cook till it’s done.
Check salt if needed add more.
Check if any more spices required and if needed add more.
Add chopped coriander and cook on lowest flame setting for a further 5 minutes.
Take it off the flame and let it cool.
Once cooled to room temperature can be stored in the refrigerator in air tight container.
Use this masala to make omelettes or scrambled eggs or cutlets or pattice or burgers or samosas or a grilled sandwich.
Grill Sandwich Assembling Method
Take 2 bread slices.
Add garlic butter on one slice and arrange the stuffing on it.
Tear mozzarella cheese into pieces and add it on the other slice evenly.
On that same slice add shredded cheese.
Put the butter stuffing slice on top of the slice which has the 2 cheeses.
Either toast the sandwich in a non stick pan or use a sandwich maker to grill the sandwich.
The cheese and the butter will melt and fuse the 2 slices together to make a sandwich.
After removing the sandwich from the sandwich maker smear normal salted melted butter on top whilst the sandwich is hot.
The melted cheese and butter inside is extremely hot and can burn the mouth so take a fork and poke the sandwich in a few places to let the steam escape.
After that serve the sandwich hot with tea or coffee or just as welcome snacks for the family or guests.