- 1 cup raw black chickpeas (kala chana)
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 small deseeded chopped green chilly (if you want more spicy do not deseed and add more chillies)
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon rock salt (kala namak)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur)
- Half of 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder (if you want more spicy add more chillies)
- Half of 1/4 teaspoon salt or as per requirement
- Lime juice of 1 small lemon
Soak the chana overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours in 3 cups of water.
Drain the water, rinse the chana and boil them until done.
If using a stove top pressure cooker keep the chana for 7-8 whistles on the highest flame setting.
After that shut the gas and let the pressure release naturally.
Once the chana are boiled, drain the water and then place them in a large bowl.
In that bowl add chopped tomato, green chilly, onion, and coriander.
Then in the same bowl add chaat masala, kala namak, cumin powder, amchur, red chilly powder, and salt.
Add the lemon juice and mix everything to combine well.
Enjoy chana chaat for breakfast or snacks or lunch or dinner!