Chocolate Banana CakeWe used method 2
- Method 1 (Makes 1 loaf)
- 1&3/4 cups (230 gms) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (75 gms) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoons (6 gms) baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons (6 gms) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 gms) salt
- 1&3/4 cups (350 gms) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup (250 gms or 2 large bananas) mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup (240 ml) drinking water (room temperature) or coffee (room temperature) (optional)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) oil
- 1.5 teaspoons (6 gms) vanilla extract
- Chocolate Ganache Ingredients (Op[tional)
- 8 ounces (225 gms) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (roughly chopped into small pieces)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) heavy whipping cream (cream with a 35-40% butterfat content)
- 1 tablespoon (14 gms) butter (roughly cut into small pieces)
- Cake Method
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Butter or spray with a non stick vegetable spray a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour cocoa powder baking powder baking soda salt and sugar.
- In another large bowl whisk eggs. Then stir in the mashed bananas water (or coffee) milk oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir or whisk until combined. The batter is quite thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack to cool it down.
- When completely cooled either eat it as is or frost it with the Ganache.
- Ganache Method (optional)
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized stainless steel or heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Heat the cream and butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat (can also be heated in the microwave). Bring just to a boil. Do not over boil.
- Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for a few minutes.
- Stir until smooth and then let it stand at room temperature until the Ganache has completely cooled (can also place in the refrigerator).
- Then with a hand mixer or wire whisk beat until soft and fluffy.
- Spread the Ganache on the top of the cake and serve.
Mohnaz BalsaraMember of ZFC
Own a travel company called DeiaMo Paradiso. Have extensive deals in over 100+ countries. Love to travel and take tons of photograhs.