- 1 cup Split Pigeon Pea (Toor dal) washed
- 2 cup Spinach (Palak) chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 small Green Chily (optional we did not add)
- 1/2 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tomato large chopped
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- Spices Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Half of 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilly powder (add more if you need spicy)
Heat oil in the pressure cooker on medium high flame setting.
Add cumin seeds, ginger and garlic (green chilly optional).
Saute for 30 seconds until garlic turns golden brown, then add chopped tomato and spices.
Add lentils and water and stir well.
Cover the lid, turn the heat on high flame and pressure cook it until you hear two whistles. Turn off heat and let the pressure release naturally.
Open the lid and add chopped spinach and garam masala powder.
Turn stove on the lowest flame setting and simmer for 2 minutes until the lentils starts to boil and spinach is mixed with the lentils.
Spinach lentil is ready to be served.