- 1&1/4 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 100 grams Khoya (Mawa) either homemade or store bought
- 6 tablespoons Butter (unsalted) room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Whole Eggs room temperature
- 6 tablespoons Milk
- Chopped Almonds & Pistachios to garnish (optional) If you are allergic to nuts omit it
Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
While the oven is heating, grease a 7" pan and set it aside for later use.
Sieve together the all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, cardamom
powder into a bowl mix well with either spoon or hand and set aside.
Do not use a blender.
In another bowl use an electric hand blender or whisk together
crumbled mawa, butter and sugar for 4 to 5 minutes till the mixture is
creamy, pale, light and fluffy.
To this mixture add one egg at a time and whisk till well combined and smooth.
Add 1/3rd of the flour mixture and 1/3rd of the milk alternatively and mix well every time you add flour mixture and milk.
Repeat with remaining flour and milk until you get a smooth pourable mixture.
Pour the batter into the prepared buttered pan and even out the top.
Sprinkle the chopped almond and pistachio on top (optional).
If you like, sprinkle some additional cardamom powder for added
Place the tin in the preheated oven to bake for approx an hour or till
a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool.
Once it's cooled to room temperature, cut it into slices and serve it
with hot tea or coffee.