- kosher salt
- 1 lb. linguine or spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 lb. asparagus, stalks trimmed and cut into thirds or quartered if large
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced into half moons
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Step 110 mins
- Step 220 mins
- Step 310 mins
Boil the pasta in a big pot with salted water. Once its cooked drain and keep aside.
In a pan heat olive oil on medium heat. Add chicken, salt as per taste, black pepper powder, and some Italian seasoning. Cook the chicken until its golden. It would take approx 10 mins per side. Remove in a plate. Let it cook down and than thinly slice the chicken.
In a skillet, melt some butter on medium flame. Add red onions and asparagus. Season with some salt and black pepper. powder. Cook until tender, after after 5 minutes add heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic, lemon juice. Let everything simmer for 5 minutes.
Mix in all the cheeses and let it cook until the cheese is melting. Add cooked linguine and lemon slices.
Top all this with the sliced chicken and garnish with some more Parmesan and bit of parsley and serve hot.