Sabudana KhichdiSago Pearls
It is usually made during fasting days like Navratri or Mahashivratri or Ekadashi. It is an easy snack and is a good recipe also its one of my most favrourite snack. Please Note When you make the sabudana khichdi you need to adjust the soaking time as per the type of sago pearls. For some pearls 2 to 3 hours is fine. For some you don’t even need to soak in water. Just cover the pearls with water for some time and you are done. So do soak the sabudana pearls accordingly. Rinse the sabudana pearls very well in water. After the sabudana pearls are soaked well drain all the water very well. Potatoes can be boiled or steamed or fried and then added to sabudana khichdi. You can skip green chilies and coriander leaves if you want.
- 1 cup sabudana (sago)
- 1/2 cup peanuts shelled roasted and coarsely pounded (omit if allergic to nuts)
- 2 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 Sabut Lal Mirch (whole dried red chilly deseeded) (if you like spicy do not deseed and increase the quantity)
- 1 sprig curry patta (curry leaves)
- 1 teaspoon sendha namak (white rock salt) or normal salt if not cooking on fasting days
- Half of 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder (if you like spicy add more)
- 1 tablespoon hara dhania (coriander leaves)
- 1/4 teaspoon green chilly chopped and deseeded (if you like spicy do not deseed and increase the quantity)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Mohnaz BalsaraMember of ZFC
Own a travel company called DeiaMo Paradiso. Have extensive deals in over 100+ countries. Love to travel and take tons of photograhs.