Kaleji fefsu talli dil (offals)by Katy Damania and Arni Balsara
Was on my daily evening walk when I suddenly heard a long forgotten but familiar sound from my childhood of a man shouting on top of his lungs - bheja kaleji wala. I left my walk and immediately ran to the guy double quick and bought the whole kando (trachea) of offals from him. Had offals after an extremely very long time.
- Before marination of offals
- Remove the whole Kando (trachea) and discard it.
- Remove the thin outer layer of skin from all the offals.
- Cut all the offals into cubes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt mix well and wash it off till the salt and blood is completely rinsed off.
- Strain all excess water.
- After all the water is drained off add the marination spices.
- Marination of all offals overnight
- 1 teaspoon Sambhar powder
- Half of 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Half of 1/4 teaspoon Red chilly powder
- Half of 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- One whole kando (trachea) of offals (kidneys, liver, heart, lungs)
- 3 big potatoes cut in cubes
- 5 small tomatoes grated
- 2 big onions chopped
- Small bunch coriander chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt as per requirement
- Half of 1/4 glass water
- Oil for deep frying
Mohnaz BalsaraMember of ZFC
Own a travel company called DeiaMo Paradiso. Have extensive deals in over 100+ countries. Love to travel and take tons of photograhs.